As teachers, our goals are to inform, challenge, and train
our diverse student body for a constantly changing world of technology.
A strong student will be prepared for graduate study in computer science.
Upon graduation, every student should:
- Have acquired a solid body of knowledge
and understanding of computer hardware, software, and theory,
as defined by the ACM curriculum guidelines.
- Be able to communicate technical material
in written English.
- Be able to design and implement a system
for a real application.
- Have developed a professional level of skill
in programming, both individually and as part of a team.
- Be ready for employment at a professional
level in industry.
- Be aware of the legal and ethical issues
that confront the field of computing.
- Know the rights and obligations of the
practicing computing professional.
- Be prepared for lifelong learning in our